April 16, 2024 - Let's get this show on the road, eh, Buckaroo? - A Hop, Skip and a Jump (Tour 25) - 2024 🇭🇷 - CycleBlaze

April 16, 2024

April 16, 2024 - Let's get this show on the road, eh, Buckaroo?

Working our way on AC to our transatlantic flight with LH

Our second step of the way - Air Canada Express just got in to YTS and will soon whisk us to YYZ. -- Timmins, ON CANADA
Heart 0 Comment 0

Morning nerves - yup. But Mom and Dad were there to pick us up and head down the highway to be dropped off at the Timmins airport (YTS). Apparently this plane is a full load, but our bags were handed over to Air Canada with full confidence that we would see them tomorrow in Split airport (SPU).

Pookie rides again. He's been all over the world, including Croatia, but never to the Croatian islands. -- Pearson YYZ, Toronto, ON
Heart 2 Comment 0

Usually on the Dash 8, today's flight was on the Q400 which got us to Pearson very quickly. It was cloudy when leaving Timmins, but soon cleared so it was fun to see YYZ come into view with Toronto sprawling in all directions around it. And then we landed.

I was anticipating crowds of people, but Pearson was rather subdued, and upon arriving at the Plaza Premium Lounge, there were only a few people ahead of us but no waiting time to speak of. As always, I was excited to enjoy some lunch, some goodies, and a couple of lattes. There was one change. In the past, entry to the lounge was indefinite so the entire day was spent lounging. This time, they had a sign at the desk and they mentioned that after two hours if we wanted more time in the lounge that we would have to use another pass for another two hours. I have quite a few passed available, so just might have to take advantage of this!

Next up will be LH495 on an Airbus A350-900.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0