April 17, 2024 - Munich to Split - A Hop, Skip and a Jump (Tour 25) - 2024 🇭🇷 - CycleBlaze

April 17, 2024

April 17, 2024 - Munich to Split

Getting to the hill over the harbour

A long overnight flight to Munich, a few hours to rest in the airport before heading to the final flight to Split and to the B and B.

Resting in MUC. -- Munich, Germany
Heart 0 Comment 0
First glimpse of green and blue just outside the Split airport SPU. This bus soon whisked us down to the bus/train terminal from where we walked up a few hills to our apartment. -- Split, Croatia
Heart 0 Comment 0
The park across the road from our apartment not only has a nice view but a flock of peacocks some of which were up in the trees. -- Split, Croatia
Heart 1 Comment 0
The park across the road from our apartment not only has a nice view but a flock of peacocks some of which were up in the trees. -- Split, Croatia
Heart 0 Comment 0
The little garden of our Apartment Veky 3. -- Split, Croatia
Heart 0 Comment 0
The little garden of our Apartment Veky 3. -- Split, Croatia
Heart 1 Comment 0

I'm not as used to a three-flight sequence as much as a two-flight sequence these days. That is especially the case when a resting period is a few hours long, and then followed by a twenty minute bus ride and and finally a twenty minute walk up a fairly steep hill with a long flight of stairs. Yes, a tiring day, but a good one.

We wandered around the concourse in MUC but not really being shoppers, that did not take very long. Soon it was to some open benches where a nap was attempted. To our gate with time to spare (surprise!) due to the heavy rain storms, our plane was late getting to the gate so we ended up leaving just over half an hour late.

The departure was through the rain and into thick clouds until clear skies above, but as the flight headed toward Split, the clouds started to thin until I could see water, islands and mountains. Oh, so beautiful.

Though a big enough airport, it was not huge and our plane seemed to be the only one arriving right then. Within about ten minutes sutcases started to arrive and then I spotted the black cases with their telltale orange straps. The bikes were in the house! Just as was mentioned online, outside in the parking lot was a Croatia Airlines highway bus and for 8 € per person, the bus went from the airport to the bus/train/ferry terminal in about thirty minutes. Well worth it.

I put the B&B address into the gps and up we climbed with our rolling suitcases full of bikes. A bit of work but the views were quite nice and just around the corner from the B&B was what looks like a fortress with a little park across the road. And in that park were a flock of peacocks -some strutting around the park but quite a few were even up in the trees. I had never seen that before. A few Artsy Photos (AP) were taken then we crossed the street to the B&B where the hostess cake out to greet us and brought us into the cutest little courtyard and showed us our pleasant room. She offered us a beer and some candied orange peel she'd made, then I set to pulling a few things out of one of the bike bags. Though it was dusk and the courtayrd was starting to darken, I continued working on my bike until it was fully assembled. I still have to pump up the tires and tighten all of the bolts, but the brunt of the work is done. Tomorrow I will finish those tasks and then start on the second bike. I should remember from last September, but I can't recall if the Tern goes together faster than the Dahon or the other way around. Either way, tomorrow morning there will be two bikes that are ready to roll.

It has been many hours since yeterday morning in Cochrane, so I think I am about to call it a day. For goodness sake, it is 917 pm which is later than my bedtime when at home!

Today's ride: 2 km (1 miles)
Total: 2 km (1 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0