Waiting out the rain in Haelen - The Bartletts tour Europe on their E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

Waiting out the rain in Haelen

We could not have chosen a better place to stay while sitting out a day with heavy rain forecast  for the full day. We can certainly cope with riding in wet weather. After all we live on the west coast of Canada where good rain gear is an essential part of your wardrobe. With climate change impacting the severity of the weather,  we do take note, plus we feel like having a break.

 B&B Leudal gives us all the comforts of home plus breakfast brought to our room. The couple who own and run this B&B have done so for a long time. They are pros and do it well. 

Barry, celebrating that we have a kitchen, which gives us what we need to have a hot meal.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Our host also provides a small bottle of wine as a welcome gift. These people could write a manual on the art of hospitality.

Albert Heijn is a Dutch grocery chain. We love them…great food, free coffee and prepared meals that are easily prepared in a microwave. This tortellini meal was excellent. They have developed a system where it comes packaged in layers in separate containers. Some have vents so that it all the containers cook at one time, but each section is cooked appropriately. Tasted homemade.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Karen PoretTheir butter keks ( cookies) are wonderful, too!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Barry BartlettGood tip. Butter keks for lunch, tx
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
The chicken meal was so good. Roast potatoes in a yummy sauce, beans and herb chicken. How they have created food that can be microwaved and taste like a good restaurant meal is impressive. These meals are not mass produced- they are made in store.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Yes, the prediction was spot on…..heavy rain and wind. Glad to be inside.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The breakfast is outstanding….too many to mention all of it, but the highlights were eggs, fruit, fresh squeezed OJ, buns/bread, pot of coffee, jam, peanut butter, waffles, etc. to put it in context, our host wheeled in a 3 level buggy laden with food. Extraordinary.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The two leather chairs face the TV where we have access to Netflix, Prime etc.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The B&B is situated on the edge of a small village and we like our view of the farmland from our room.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Karen PoretIt is amazing it is still raining there.. We have been home one week and even though I do not miss riding the bike in the downpours ( 5 weeks!) the infrastructure and cycling manners can never be duplicated here.
Safe travels in the new and improved Seavo!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Barry BartlettHope you are doing ok Karen.
The weather is finally sunny and warm. We accepted up til a week ago that this has been a raincation! Hard to believe we started with snow in Germany. Take care.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago