Some of the best roads; some of the worst - Clear Skies from Wisconsin to Albany NY 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 8, 2024

Some of the best roads; some of the worst

Frankenmuth to Imlay

As we were worried about afternoon rain we headed out in time to get the majority of the ride done by 2. It worked. The roads in the first half were great. Good surface, low traffic. And well marched edges. We were riding through more beautiful farmland. Huge, huge fields, well maintained barns and out buildings, flower gardens around fine looking homes. It was a lovely ride. The second half not so good. Mostly because the road surface was very poor and there was more traffic than we were used to. The weather remained fine. 
John and I were riding just the two of us. We stopped to eat our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at a small market. The first we had seen in quite a while. 

We did get in before the rain and had time to do laundry before going out to dinner as a whole group. 

I am always interested in what people have to say about courtsey
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful Lake at the end of our bike trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
D. Signs are at either end of the trail. They provide points of interest along the way and info about the trail, and data about the trail.
Heart 1 Comment 0
These signs advise riders and walkers about the presence of Amish carts and horses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
All the farming requires people selling farm equipment and other essential services.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 419 miles (674 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0