Family time and alphabet soup - Two of Us... - CycleBlaze

June 27, 2024

Family time and alphabet soup

Walt, Michelle, Gene, Theo, and Ruthie
Heart 1 Comment 0

Tina here. Yesterday afternoon and evening I got to visit with my nephew Gene and his wonderful family. Michelle, Mom extraordinare, Walt, Ruthie and Theo. Gene and Michelle have filled their home with love and kindness.  It shows: the kids are a joy - confident, curious, friendly, good to each other.  So impressive. Thanks, all of you, for a great time!  And congrats on your anticipated PADI scuba certification, Walter!

Today I zigged and zagged through Wisconsin on roads with letters instead of numbers. Jamie and I saw this in Missouri when we biked across that state in 2018.  Turn left on V, right on A, left on O, right on Z...  For some reason they don't go in order. Go figure.

And ..wow! I walked a couple of miles along the shore of Lake Michigan's northern end in

Heart 0 Comment 0

Manistique, MI. It was like being at the ocean, complete with seaweed smell (how's that work?!).  Really stunning. Walked out a long jetty to this lighthouse. Didn't have a camera, so this is a canned shot.

In the Eastern time zone now, getting closer to home but farther from my best friend in all the world, Jamie. Godspeed!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0