Another wonderful day - Two of Us... - CycleBlaze

June 18, 2024

Another wonderful day

Cut Bank to Dutton

Avg speed 12.8 (thank you tail wind) 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Sarah and I were in the same hotel last night and met at early breakfast hoping for a 7 am start. Sarah had patched a tube that ha gone flat and brought her bicycle to a auto shop and had the tire filled yesterday. This morning it was flat again. Well, 1  1/2 hours later we were on the road. 

We soon lost track of each other as I go slightly faster. What a pleasant day for a ride. Overcast with a tail wind. It was cool at high 30's , low 40's, but doable. Along the way I saw a sharp tail grouse (pretty sure), a prairie warbler (pretty sure) and an antelope, among other things.

Why did the antelope cross the road? To get away from the biker!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Traffic was fairly light for almost the entire ride. Just another bonus. The bad news came in the last 8 miles when the wind turned against me and a cold rain started. 

Then after arriving in Dutton, warm shower hostess found me sitting on a bench in town just as I was trying to locate them. Best part of the day was meeting Luke, Meagan, Àshlynn and Andrew. What a wonderful, generous and fun family. I am so fortunate to have met them. Love, music, Christianity, and good energy are themes in this home. Does it get any better?

More pictures to come after I sleep.

We've been seeing plenty of wind turbines in the distance. Also more then a few oil pumps, almost all of which are inactive.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
It surely looks like rain... And it did for the last 7 or so miles.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 78 miles (126 km)
Total: 1,028 miles (1,654 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0