Again, the Wind - Two of Us... - CycleBlaze

July 1, 2024

Again, the Wind

Enderlin to Fargo/Moorhead

Average speed 10.6

Mileage 64.11

Cumulative 1,886

Heart 0 Comment 0

Wow, even though it was not a headwind that was intense. I was weaving because the wind was so strong at times. Fortunately, the hardest winds occurred when there was a huge shoulder. Really lucky on that. Glad I got to experience it but hope to never again. One in our loose entourage took a lift for the worst section. Otherwise, the ride was more of the same. Now though I'm in Minnesota, land of the thousand lakes. 

Today's ride was about 15 miles longer then it should have been as I went to a couple of bicycle shops. Looking for gloves and a rain jacket (I'm using Tina's as it's lighter but it is literally falling apart). Neither had either. 

Tonight I'm with warm showers Terri, Drew, Greta and Poppy. The generosity of some people is totally amazing. None ride bicycles but they are warm showers hosts. Yet they are so welcoming, open and friendly. Wonderful time models. And Terri put on a regular Thanksgiving Day feast. My appreciation and gratitude is well beyond words. What interesting and lovely people.

I'm case you forgot what goes on in ND.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Flooding along the Red River which separates ND and Minn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Concordia College.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yep that's a road in rural ND.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The family with friend Jacob.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 64 miles (103 km)
Total: 1,880 miles (3,026 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0