A Peaceful Easy Ride - Two of Us... - CycleBlaze

June 11, 2024

A Peaceful Easy Ride

Koocanusa Cabin to Eureka

Cumulative miles 703

Average speed 11.2

Heart 0 Comment 0

Started out the day with new macadam and no wind. The ride up 32 was entirely fantastic (except the last two miles or so). We're rode the East side of the reservoir going north up the Koocanusa. This meant we had no sun for about 3 hours of riding. Very cool. We rode along side of where they blew out the rock so rock walls and water all morning long. And a sweet tailwind on occasion.

Currently camping behind Eureka Town  Hall in a cute little park by a river. Sarah and Rick have also joined us.  Last night we 4 rented a cabin for $110 for the four of us. Worked out ok. We had showers, electric and a cook stove. All with a view of the lake.

So today we look hard at Tina departure date. We hope to get to Eat Glacier Thursday. Friday bike the 18 1/2 miles of going to the sun road (GTTSR) that is open. From there everything depends on Amtrak's ability to take Tina. 

We got in today about 1 . We have cell service. So, I'm able to update the blog without feeling rushed. Manny of my average speed have been guesses, as is the mileage. No cell service no RWGPS downloads. Though I think I have a fix for that . 

This bridge really is just about nowhere and the road it goes to is closed in the winter.
Heart 1 Comment 2
George HallDid you notice the whistling sound the wind makes as it blows through the girders of that bridge? At least it did on the day I passed by.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Jamie DolanTo George HallWe did, it was crazy!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Our lunch spot for today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Not all who wander, are lost.... Though some are. But not Tina.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is what we rode along with for about 30 miles. Our other side was the reservoir.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

That's about it, going to get ready to wander the town a bit. 

Today's ride: 45 miles (72 km)
Total: 699 miles (1,125 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0