A beautiful ending to the day - Two of Us... - CycleBlaze

July 7, 2024

A beautiful ending to the day

St Croix to Whitefish Lake

Daily miles 88.4 

Cumulative miles 2,488

 Today was fun, for the most part. The ride out to Cumberland, for the first 30 or so miles were nice country roads. Quiet, peaceful. The next 30 or so were a bit more open roads with more traffic. The final 20 returned to quiet country roads. There were a couple of down pours to deal with, but they were ok. The first downpour I was right next to a bar. Ducking in, the barkeep was alone so she and I chatted for 10-150 minutes before I was on my way. What a pleasant interlude, and right on a lake. The second downpour did not have as nearly ás nice a respite. Sitting under the small awning of an auto body shop. At least I was sort of dry.

Pretty sure these are otters
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Art
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sculpture
Heart 0 Comment 0
By the side of the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
These guys were having fun.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I'm staying with warm showers host Bob on the shoes of Whitefish Lake. Bob is a warm and generous person. He offered, and then proceeded to check over my bike and make a couple of minor repairs and maintenance. An eclectic man with various interests, and a very good conversationalist.  His house is a family legacy and is gorgeous. They have done some very wonderful additions to this A frame. And it is right at lakes edge. Peaceful... Easy to get used to.

Not so many photos as my phone holder is broken and messing with the Jerry rig set up is a pain. 

Today's ride: 88 miles (142 km)
Total: 2,380 miles (3,830 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Brenda CadieuxHello Jamie & Tina~
What an exciting experience!!!
Very interesting to see your travels!!!
Be safe & have fun!
Wishing you the best,
Brenda Cadieux
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jamie DolanThank you Brenda! This has been what I hoped for and expected. Look forward to seeing you soon
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Barbara WalterAh, if only you had a Platelet Donor "fanny pack" that you could use for your phone! There is one in your future...
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Brenda CadieuxTo Barbara WalterHi Barbara~I think Jamie needs a Red Cross umbrella as well😉
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Brenda CadieuxTo Jamie DolanHello Jamie~

My position was eliminated in June @ the ARC. Twenty-three Donor Center Coordinators Staff Nationally also lost their jobs. After being employed there since 2000, it surely is different not traveling there to go to work. I do miss the donors and the staff.

Thank you for all your life-saving Platelets … you truly are a Hero!

Wishing you the best!
Safe travels😊
Brenda Cadieux
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jamie DolanTo Brenda CadieuxBrenda, I am sorry to hear that your position was eliminated. It really was a pleasure to come in and see your always smiling face. A big loss for the Red Cross and for you.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago