AI (Artificial Intelligence) vs AI (Actual Intelligence) - Grampies Grand Return to France: Summer 2024 - CycleBlaze

AI (Artificial Intelligence) vs AI (Actual Intelligence)

These days we rely a lot on the GPS for help in following the route, and we often rely on routing algorithms (like Ride With GPS or Cycle.Travel and others) to create the route.  CycleBlaze has lots of examples of where the algorithms have chosen totally inappropriate, or non-existent  trails, in which case people have to use common sense, or what we might call "Actual Intelligence".

Despite this, I was impressed by all the hype about new machine capabilities. This includes powers  like  creating text from a simple request, or creating drawings from a text description. I began with something like "write a blog entry in the style of the Grampies for a cycle trip along the Loire with grandchildren". You know what - it wasn't half bad, though of course wholly fictional! I am sparing you the detailed text here. But encouraged, I asked for a logo for the expedition. What do you think of the result?

Heart 2 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Scott AndersonI think I might rephrase your comment as "Eh?" or the eloquent "wtf?". I don't think I want this AI planning or documenting "Grampians" tours, let alone driving cars!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago

Well, it got some things right, but so much is crazily wrong. I think it will be some time before I, the author, or any potential illustrator, are replaced by a machine. At least, I hope, our routing is more accurate than this!

We do, however, have some "logo wear", in the form of tee shirts created by our friend Birgit in Markranstadt. She happens to work for a tee shirt factory!

Front
Heart 5 Comment 0
And back.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Michel FleuranceI enter this in copilot : " Cycling the Loire with the Grandkids: A Grampies Adventure. " and get a 4 days story...

Day 1: Setting Off from Sainte-Luce-sur-Loire

The sun was just peeking over the horizon as we loaded up our bikes, ready for another grand adventure. This time, we had two very special companions: our grandchildren, Emma and Lucas. Their excitement was contagious, and we couldn’t wait to share the beauty of the Loire Valley with them.

Our journey began in the charming town of Sainte-Luce-sur-Loire. The kids were fascinated by the old stone buildings and the gentle flow of the river. We made sure to take plenty of breaks, letting them explore and ask questions about everything they saw.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesYou can see the AI is crazy, if it thinks the kids will start at dawn!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago