Day 24 - Jeffersonville to Scottsburg - Two Far 2024 - Courthouse Tour - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2024

Day 24 - Jeffersonville to Scottsburg

Heart 0 Comment 0

I finally got on the road!  We hung around the motel in Jeffersonville until shortly after 10 and then it was a short ride up US-31 to Scottsburg.  The weather was nice, but the scenery was uninspiring. 

Three modes of transportation in close proximity at the Clark County Regional Airport.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coffee shop in Henryville, IN
Heart 0 Comment 0

I can't pass up historical markers :-)

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sighted beneath the marker
Heart 2 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltFemale monarch butterfly.

https://mymybutterfly.com/blogs/posts/how-to-tell-the-difference-between-male-female-monarch-butterflies

On red clover blossom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifolium_pratense
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Rose SamsonI love monarch butterflies. I had Milkweed plants when we retired in
Crystal River (Meadowcrest) in 2001 and I watched these beautiful creatures in my backyard until they fly, different colors, & they come back to my backyard, maybe to say "hello & thank you".
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
As Jeanna would say, "No ride is complete without an old barn photo"
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding through a residential neighborhood near downtown Scottsburg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the courthouse square.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Full disclosure: I didn't notice the "(Continued on the other side)" when I took the previous photo. I captured this off the internet, because I didn't want to leave anyone hanging in suspense.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Scott County Courthouse. The original courthouse is on the far right.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view from the rear.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Veterans Memorial on the courthouse square.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Native son William H. English. From Wikipedia: William Hayden English was an American politician. He served as a U.S. Representative from Indiana from 1853 to 1861 and was the Democratic Party's nominee for Vice President of the United States in 1880.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The square was full of good-looking women!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Of the 10 courthouses we have visited so far, this is the first one that was actually on a courthouse square. Unlike so many of the small towns we have visited, Scottsburg appears to have a vibrant downtown and all the buildings were occupied. Business was brisk in all the restaurants and bars.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Part of the square was barricaded off for the Memorial Day car show
Heart 1 Comment 0
This one's for Kelly I. Theater on the square.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Kelly IniguezThe Garfield movie was one of the big ones for the holiday weekend - but it wasn't the blockbuster the industry needs.

Cinema Treasures says the building was built in 1947 and has 500 seats.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
A not very good photo of the ticket machine inside the ticket office.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There was also a Carnegie Library on the square.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Karen PoretWe have a Carnegie Library here in Santa Cruz, CA, too!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
We took a stroll through the car show.
Heart 2 Comment 0
One of the few vehicles that did not have a placard in front of it. Does anyone know what year this old GMC is?
Heart 0 Comment 2
Bob & Jan ThompsonCould be a 1946.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Bob & Jan ThompsonThanks, Bob. I thought you might have an answer to this question.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Nice looking T-Bird.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 368 miles (592 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0