Day 16 - Wauseon to Swanton - Two Far 2024 - Courthouse Tour - CycleBlaze

May 19, 2024

Day 16 - Wauseon to Swanton

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was our last ride of the Courthouse Tour as originally planned.  Yesterday we had a heart-to-heart talk about the tour so far.  We have been struggling with the cycling. I have an increasing problem with my right foot/ankle/leg that prevents me from pedaling with any strength on the right.  It is hard for Kerry to compensate for my lack of pedaling power. We finally admitted to each other that we just weren't having fun.  After lots of discussion and weighing our options, we have decided to rent a van, drive back to Florida and leave the Seavo at home.  Kerry will load up his Phoenix on our car and we'll come back up to Ohio to resume the tour with him pedaling and me driving.  It worked very well for us last summer, so I think it will be a good choice.  Kerry can ride the rest of the summer and we'll still be together every day - still courting! 

We have a van reserved at the Toledo airport and it's only a 19 mile ride from where we stayed last night in Wauseon.

The roads were very quiet on Sunday morning.
Heart 2 Comment 0

For the first time on this trip, we saw farmers working in their fields.

Preparing for planting - discing the field
Heart 0 Comment 0
A disced field
Heart 0 Comment 0
Loading the planter with seed
Heart 1 Comment 0
Fruits of their labor
Heart 0 Comment 0

We arrived at the Toledo airport to pick up the minivan I reserved last night.  Seavo and I both felt sad about this, but we know it is the right choice.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 19 miles (31 km)
Total: 336 miles (541 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Kelly IniguezWorking together to find a solution is what makes a good marriage! Teamwork.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Keith A. SpanglerI love it! Hugs! Keep moving forward….
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Keith A. SpanglerWe are still Team Two Far. We'll keep on moving!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Kelly IniguezTandem travel is certainly all about teamwork - we've had a lot of practice!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago