Day 077 - Baudette to Roseau - Two Far 2023 - Oranges to Apples - CycleBlaze

July 1, 2023

Day 077 - Baudette to Roseau

This is a case where the elevation chart is really deceiving. It was Florida-flat all day.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today was an easy and uneventful day.  There were no turns for the entire route - In Baudette, I made a left turn out of the AmericInn parking lot onto MN-11 and 58 miles later, I made another left turn into the AmericInn parking lot in Roseau. In between, it was flat and mostly straight with very light traffic.

Thats not to say it was a boring ride.  The scenery was varied, with a mix of farms, marshes, forests and open fields, as well as a busy railroad that ran alongside the road between Baudette and Warroad.  There were also several convenience stores along today's route, so I had plenty of places to take breaks and, of course, talk to people (which I took full advantage of).

Heart 1 Comment 0
Blue skies, warm with no wind, straight and flat roads - PERFECT!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Getting to watch trains was an added bonus.
Heart 2 Comment 0
These flowers were loaded with bees but they're well hidden.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltCrown vetch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securigera_varia
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rose SamsonMaybe a "sign...BEWARE OF BEES"so cyclists don't come closer to appreciate the flowers. This is just a thought .
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
For about 2 miles, I was technically riding a tandem. When the fly finally did leave, he buzzed around my face for about another half-mile, which was quite annoying.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Flower-lined highway in Warroad town limits.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Warroad is the headquarters for Marvin Windows and Doors. It is a very large factory for such a small town.
Heart 1 Comment 0

I have had several people ask about my taillights, both on the road and in this journal, so I decided to take a video this morning to show what they look like. The top taillight is a Garmin Varia radar/light and the bottom 2 taillights are Cygolite Hypershot 350's.  (Just above the Cyolites is a B&M Toplight, but it's not on because it is dynamo powered).  

Today's ride: 58 miles (93 km)
Total: 3,647 miles (5,869 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0