Day 7 Williamsport to Shepardstown - Tally Gals Allegheny Passage and C&O - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2024

Day 7 Williamsport to Shepardstown

An update on last night. We eat lunch quickly in Hancock to avoid a thunderstorm headed toward Williams port. We arrived about 3 missing the storm. 2 parties came in after 5 that evening. Both parties were caught in the hail and rain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fortunately for those caught in the rain the Bar Farms B&B had a free washer and dryer for guests to use. We were just out of clothes so I did a load- riding gear hanging around our room.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lock with water flowing at beginning of ride. The Temperature was 54 as we headed out.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The surface varied throughout the day. A lot of areas had clearly been refurbished with minimal mud and puddles. In a few areas we had to deal with puddles and mud.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The scenery was mostly lush forest. But this reminded me of our trip last summer to Lake Garda Italy. Riding along side and on concrete sections that seemed suspended over the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view riding beside the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Shepherdstown from across the river. They have switch backs up to the bridge and a wide sidewalk for riding over the bridge into the town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch at The Blue Moon Cafe
Heart 0 Comment 0
It’s a really funky place. I loved the Decor but have managed to refrain from taking a thousand pictures of the place.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A waterfall in the garden eating area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another shot of the garden eating ate.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And of course a Blue moon hanging from a tree.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bike once again needs a good cleaning. Today was my last day of the adventure. I’m off to babysit my D.C. grandchildren. Now I’ll have an excuse to come back and finish the last 75 miles. Bob is continuing on but doesn’t blog.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 29 miles (47 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0