Vilalba to Finca la Cuevona de guitiriz - Spain, a Paleolithic Twist - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2024

Vilalba to Finca la Cuevona de guitiriz

Riding Hills

This morning’s  climb from the hotel was only a couple of hundred feet. The landscape is much flatter now with hills in the distance not mountains. With breakfast starting at 10 we had a late start. Today’s mileage was short. At one point Google maps had us turn onto a smaller country road that literally ran through a gentleman’s farm driveway,  turning into double track before coming out on the paved road 200 feet later. We got to see the farm dog, cats and cows and a very confused farmer dressed all in black writhing a little black cap on his head. This is not the first time we’ve had an interesting route or no road or a fence or wall blocking the suggested route to take.

They seem to bury their dead in crypts stacked several high.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The road between the farm buildings that turn into double track.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lake on Camino road route. The other option was quite narrow, with rocks, and roots. We took it first and quickly realized it was mot for us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
View from a bridge along Camino route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tree lined Camino route with small farms here and there along the way.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Road turning to gravel. Bob double checking we’re going the correct way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Not sure what this building is. They seem to be on every farm.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Tricia GrahamIt’s a grain store. Very common in Galicia , built that way to keep the rats out
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Marcia MealeTo Tricia GrahamThank you.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago

We ran into the same British couple we met a couple of days ago at a cafe on the way to our hotel. They hope to arrive in Santiago on Thursday and then catch their ferry home.
For the next two nights we are staying at a farm hotel. Hope to do some laundry. After that just two more days of riding. 

Today's ride: 17 miles (27 km)
Total: 77 miles (124 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0