Oviedo to Cudillero - Spain, a Paleolithic Twist - CycleBlaze

September 12, 2024

Oviedo to Cudillero

Rain All Day

These pictures were taken Friday morning before we left Cudillero. It rained almost continuously Thursday. There were no pictures taken . The weather was in low 60s. I wore a vest, rain jacket and pants to stay warm. We decided to ride the flattest most direct route which was N- 632. With that said we still managed to climb 1800 feet. Which doesn’t sound like much until you have gone up for miles without a break. (I live in North Florida we have some hills but nothing at all like the hills here).

Thursday late afternoon we called the bike rental company again. We were sent to a Giant dealer to look at the bike. They said it was a mechanical issue in the up/down switch not an electrical issue. So far that’s held true. I rode with tape over the up/down power level buttons and a plastic bag covering the controller. So far, good enough. A few power drops to eco but able to go right back up manually. 

Our bikes on the street which has several restaurant seating areas. Our hotel is up the steps.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Town stacked into the hillside. Once a quiet fishing village. Now a popular tourist town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view
Heart 0 Comment 0
Boat ramp to a protected harbor. The mooring area even has a wall on two sides to further protect the boats.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 37 miles (60 km)
Total: 231 miles (372 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0