Madrid - Spain, a Paleolithic Twist - CycleBlaze

August 28, 2024 to August 29, 2024

Madrid

Total luggage 18lbs. 40 liters. We are traveling self supported for this trip. In spite of packing lean, I thought my back would break by the time we made it to our hotel. Lots of ramps and waiting at the airport to get through passport control. Easy bus ride to the center city of Madrid. Walk uphill to lovely hotel.
Heart 4 Comment 0
View from our Acocha Hilton hotel room. Yes, we splurged for two nights near museums.
Heart 2 Comment 0
No sleep since Monday night but first things first. Breakfast, The Prado, and then a nap. No pictures inside the Prado but the number of El Greco’s, Velazquez’s and Caravaggio’s was truly amazing. Not to mention the quality of the works in the museum overall.
Heart 4 Comment 0
View of the train station from the steps of the Reina Sofia
Heart 4 Comment 2
Jane FletcherLove the lacy detail on the front of the train station!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Marcia MealeTo Jane FletcherJane,
One of my favorite things to see in Europe are the details on buildings, designs on walkways, fences and the pedestrian and bicycle infrastructures. We discovered at our first road crossing, actually near the pictured building, that a blinking green walking figure means the light is about to change. So hurry on across. No yellow or count down. Straight to red.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Thursday morning. Entrance Reina Sofia
Heart 0 Comment 0
Picasso’s Guernica. Also, currently on display lots of social realism, and historical works and posters.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Next off to the Sorolla, the museum is in his house.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Part of the gardens.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Painting by Sorolla.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Unfinished work in his studio.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another view of his studio. There is a special 100 year exhibit upstairs. One interesting fact was he taught other artists.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Steps up to the entrance. Beautiful tiles mixed with bricks throughout the gardens.
Heart 5 Comment 0

Tomorrow we take the train to Burgos. Our rental bikes should be waiting. stayed tune for more. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 0