to Williamsville 6/17 near Buffalo - Milwaukee to Albany 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2024

to Williamsville 6/17 near Buffalo

We had 10 riders today, 2 more than the last couple weeks. It was south along the Niagara River, which is upstream. There were many large houses with two and 3 stories, but also some that were older and more basic. It was very flat.

The route we wanted to take to the Peace Bridge was blocked off and we circled around a bit to get there. I am told there was a way to get to the pedestrian path, but we just got in the truck lane. Six of us went through customs after a bit of a wait for an agent. Then we went back up the other side of the river through Buffalo and suburbs.

Looking at Grand Isle
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was a bit complicated when we left the Erie Canalway Trail and headed more towards the hotel. I suspect every group took a different way. It was an interesting ride from the aspect of following our directions. We got to the hotel too early to check in, but it promised to be hot today and for a couple more days to come.

One rider joined us here in the Buffalo area, but 2 others canceled this morning, as one tested positive for Covid. We are, of course, right near the Interstate and the airport.

I believe I heard a White Breasted Nuthatch today.

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 654 miles (1,053 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0