to Port Rowan - Milwaukee to Albany 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 12, 2024

to Port Rowan

Long Point

We had some breakfast items in our rooms, though I went out and got an Americano across the street. John. my roommate, left early. Six of us left about the same time. There was a steep climb out of town. Mostly good quiet roads. there was a  section that they were paving which was very smooth, but then we got into the paving area and it was one lane. We were going mostly east into a  south or south/south/east wind. We had gotten used to a nice tailwind. A lot of the way Lake Erie was in view.

Lunch was to be at the Lee Brown Waterfowl Area, which might be nice but all you can see is a man made pond surrounded by grass.

For the brother
Heart 1 Comment 0
Asparagus pickers in the background
Heart 1 Comment 0

The house we are staying at is out in a big marshy area of Lake Erie and is a really spectacular location.  Marsh  Wrens are singing out the door and there are Purple Martins all around. Dinner was at the house.

Other birds today are Bank Swallow and Red Headed Woodpecker.

We have two eighty one year olds and several of the others are in their upper 70's. Anyone reading this might be capable of it.

Today's ride: 51 miles (82 km)
Total: 454 miles (731 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0