6/7 frankenmuth - Milwaukee to Albany 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2024

6/7 frankenmuth

Food services was scheduled to bring breakfast but we didn't know what time. The University is not in session and not many people are around. 

The directions through Midland looked very confusing and the Saginaw part seemed troublesome as well.

I was the only one with a GPS route and so I led the other 6 most of the day, especially through those two cities. They were very grateful for my help. On the other hand, the GPS map showed a section of the Kochville trail missing and routed me around it, but it existed. The others, with their paper instructions, knew the correct course.

Clouds
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clouds
Heart 0 Comment 0
5 ebikes
Heart 0 Comment 0

Frankenmuth is having a Bavarian Festival this week. Somehow we were able to get rooms in town. There is a lot going on.

Heart 0 Comment 0

It is possible to get through Midland without much riding on streets. The sections outside the cities were quite nice. The trails are well paved and better than some of the roads.

Birds today were Savannah Sparrow heard, Horned Larks and Northern Rough Winged Swallow seen, Red Tailed Hawk seen as well as a lot of the ones mentioned earlier.

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 249 miles (401 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0