6/6 to Midland - Milwaukee to Albany 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 6, 2024

6/6 to Midland

Breakfast at the hotel. Scheduled ride of 38, I didn't start until 9;25. I rode with Ken. He wanted to go 10 miles each way off course to go to the famous Cops and Doughnuts Bakery. A few years ago, the owner of the bakery wanted to close. Some cops bought and kept it going. It was so successful, other businesses opened nearby and revitalized the whole town. The bakery was very busy with people leaving with boxes of pastries. Ken drove the last bit to the hotel and I rode. I met one of our other riders who misunderstood how to get to the bakery and went in the wrong direction.

Bakery
Heart 1 Comment 1
Christy HoffWhat an inspiration! Sounds like it was worth the detour.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago

A very flat ride much of it on the Pere Marquette Rail Trail. The hotel is due to a gift from the National Automobile Dealers Assoc or NADA on the campus of Northwood University where they are firm believers in Free Enterprise. The DeVos and Dow families, among many, have made generous gifts. 

DeVos and Dow and others
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

A rider who lives more than 100 miles from here, drove in to have dinner with us. A bit of rain during dinner at the Midland Brewing Company.

Today's ride: 56 miles (90 km)
Total: 196 miles (315 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0