6/5 to Mount Pleasant - Milwaukee to Albany 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 5, 2024

6/5 to Mount Pleasant

 We had discussed getting an early start today to beat the rain expected at noon or so. I was, of course, surprised when there was thunder and lightning at 5:30 AM. John had just left.

The rest of us looked at radar and other current projections and decided to have breakfast at Margo's. The rain seemed to be gone by 8 and we got going at 8:50. My cyclocomputer stopped for a bit but I got it going again at about 18 miles. The ride was beautiful, the usual trail through the woods and marshes. We were all covered in debris.

Near 12:15, when we were about 10 miles from the end, it started raining. We saw an open garage and went to wait it out. Hope rang the bell to ask her if it was ok. She was very concerned about our welfare and offered the use of her bathroom. Very friendly.

Seen today-- Wood Thrush. Brown Thrasher, Osprey.  Heard Veery and Great Crested Flycatcher and Tufted Titmouse. 

We got to the hotel and washed our bikes. They were all ready as John had cleaned his. Then a snack and a shower.

Hanging in the garage
Heart 1 Comment 0
Washing bikes
Heart 0 Comment 0

yesterday in Greenville, we stopped by the Bicycle Shop. Two young men in their 20's had a shop. They really had a love for cycling. It was great to see.

Today's ride: 56 miles (90 km)
Total: 140 miles (225 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 1
stan rosenstielYes Rey. Good joke.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago