6/2 - Milwaukee to Albany 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 2, 2024

6/2

Muskegon

More about the Schuster. The current owners bought it about 16 years ago. They put a lot of work into fixing it up and decorating it. It has been for sale for over a year. It was one of just a few places to have High or Low Tea in Milwaukee. I'm not sure if the neighborhood is gentrifying.

We had a delicious crepe breakfast this morning.

The Schuster again
Heart 0 Comment 0

Nancy said she wanted to go to the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum and several of us went with. I have been outside it several times and not really noticed it before. It is around the back side of a coffee house I have eaten at a few times.  It is a pretty amazing place with 10,000 bobbles. A lot of them are athletes. But they have presidents and Supreme Court Justices and musicians and cartoon characters, etc. 

Me and Nancy
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Most of us got lunch there (Colectivo).

Then it was off to catch the 12:30 ferry. And finally to the Shoreline Inn. This is the third time they have stayed here after crossing over the years, my second. Dinner at the hotel. 10 miles cycled. It was still mostly chilly enough to need a jacket.

Boats at sunset
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 10 miles (16 km)
Total: 10 miles (16 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Christy HoffLooks like you are off to a good start. Good luck and best wishes for a great adventure.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago