Kỳ Trinh - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

September 30, 2024

Kỳ Trinh

Another hot day (33 feels like 39) and unfortunately stuck on the QL1A for the first forty kilometers.   Consequently there isn't much positive to say about today's events.  But on the other hand it wasn't too bad either.  

Naturally we had lots of stops for liquid, eventually stopping for lunch at a large eatery that turned out to be where a lot of the long distance busses toss their passengers out for lunch.  This meant we couldn't order anything - we just ate what every else was given.  This turned out to be sticky rice and braised pork with an omlette.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Unfortunately Leigh has begun to feel unwell again.   She confessed that it started before the lunch stop but she thought the nausea was just because she was hungry.   Thankfully she had a good feed despite the nausea because she doesn't feel up to eating this evening.  

We're staying at a very basic hotel between towns and  nowhere near any shops.  There's a simple cơm and phở restaurant next door where I should be able to get some supper for myself. 

Today's ride: 62 km (39 miles)
Total: 547 km (340 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Mark M.Hope she's feeling better again soon. Never nice to be poorly in a strange place... 😞
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Jean-Marc StrydomTo Mark M.Thanks Mark. She's feeling much better this morning.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago