Gia Sinh - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2024

Gia Sinh

We've not had the day in Gia Sinh that we had planned.  Last night's storm continued until this afternoon with the rain coming down in biblical proportions and any thoughts of visiting the Buddhist complex were soon discarded.

We had a four o'clock alarm set so we could watch the Rugby test between South Africa and Argentina with the Springboks just needing a win to clinch this year's Rugby Championship trophy with a round to spare. Alas, Los Pumas pipped them 29-28 at a full to capacity stadium in Santiago del Estero in northern Argentina. The Springboks will have to either win their return match next week back home in Mbombela or garner a losing bonus point if they are to win this year's championship.

The cherry on the top was Leigh falling victim to a pretty bad case of Hồ Chí Minh's revenge. She has spent most of the day either on or over the toilet and is still a very unhappy camper. Hopefully she will be better in the morning. 

I went for a walk around midday but eventually gave up because I was mostly ankle deep in water.
Heart 1 Comment 0

I've spent the day reading Geraint Thomas' autobiography and gloomfully reading reports and comments on the  Springboks' loss to Los Pumas.

The forecast for tomorrow is for the rain to stop so we plan to visit the Buddhist complex in the morning and make our way to Ninh Bình thereafter.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0