Ba Don - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

October 1, 2024

Ba Don

Most of the cycling we have done in these first ten days has been as flat as any ten days of cycling we've ever done.  The limiting factor has not been our poor level of fitness but rather the heat.  However, the forecast for today was that it would be a few degrees cooler with thunderstorms starting around midday.   

For the first fifteen kilometers, none of which were on the QL1A, it seemed that the forecast would be accurate.  This had us hoping for a longer day in the saddle.  But,  as we wound our way through the first hilly sections of this tour, the clouds disappeared and the temperature rose.  By ten o'clock it was already thirty one degrees and getting hotter by the minute.  And we were back on the QL1A!

At what turned out to be last of many drinks stops we decided to call it a day and we have taken a room at a really basic hotel for the night.  

Our first tunnel of the tour. Not too long - about 700 meters.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

The storm clouds eventually started gathering late afternoon but the thunder and lightning only got going at about eight thirty in the evening.  The forecast is for the storm continue into tomorrow morning so it could be a wet day on the bikes.  

Today's ride: 48 km (30 miles)
Total: 595 km (369 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0