Huế - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

October 6, 2024

Huế

A simple and unexciting fifty odd kilometers got us to Huế where we have booked a room at a hotel near the tourist quarter until Friday, the day our Vietnamese visas run out.  I'm not quite sure how we are going to fill the all time but there are a few things to organize,  most importantly a bus trip to Savannakhet in Laos.  We also hope to revisit the Imperial City and get to see some of the tombs we didn't get to last time.

In the early evening we wandered down to the walking streets nearby.  They are closed to traffic after six in the evening and last time we were here they were choc-a-block with tourists.  Being the low season now they were pretty much deserted. 

After wandering about a bit we stopped at a restaurant for supper.  We hadn't actually looked at its name but after a while we realized it was the Hot Tuna, the first restaurant we had eaten at in Huế eight years ago (see here).

Heart 0 Comment 0
Burgers. We had a great lunch of charcoal grilled pork and broken rice and consequently didn't need a big supper. Also Leigh felt the need for something that wasn't Vietnamese.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 835 km (519 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0