Hải Lâm - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2024

Hải Lâm

A day in which, for no good reason,  I struggled a bit.  It felt very hot (both of us were feeling the heat) and for long periods my legs felt rather sore even though it was a mostly flat ride.  On the positive side, Leigh is feeling much better. 

The first twenty kilometers were on a quiet road running parallel to the QL1A.   Then it was thirty five kilometers on the QL1A before turning off to a rather disappointing choice of digs for the night.

Filling up with liquid. I hoped the Cokes would revive me.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What did work was a drink called Revive, a salty lemonade.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Finally an ice-cream.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The digs we chose for tonight is an enormous (500+ rooms) and ultimately rather disappointing resort a few kilometers off the QL1A., the first part of which was on an eight lane highway with almost zero traffic. 

Eight lanes doesn't mean that rice can't be dried on the shoulder.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Once off the eight lane highway we had a wicked climb up to the resort.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The resort's big attraction was its swimming pool, something we felt we needed with today being so hot.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Back on the QL1A again tomorrow unless we can find an escape route somewhere. 

Today's ride: 57 km (35 miles)
Total: 331 km (206 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0