Bỉm Sơn - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2024

Bỉm Sơn

Leigh was still feeling nauseous this morning and was rather weak and listless after two days with very little food.  But we weren't going to allow that to stop us visiting the Múa Cave this morning.  We took the scenic route through the karst hills, a bit longer but we had to have another look at the lovely views.

Heart 3 Comment 0

The area around Múa Cave is dominated by shops, restaurants and tourist accomodation.  After parking the bicycles and buying tickets, we started the stiff climb.  The view is what most visitors have come for and it seems that most don't even get to see the cave.

Looking back towards Ninh Bình.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The target of the climb is the viewpoint on Núi Ngoạ Long (Lying Dragon Mountain). There is limited access to the dragon itself hence the random tourist in the picture.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Shrine near the dragon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The goats weren't concerned about the tourists.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking back at the dragon.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The cave. Ignored by almost every other tourist. Not much to see but we had it to ourselves.
Heart 2 Comment 0

That was what is probably our last tourist activity for a while.  The next week or so is probably going to be a rather uninspiring slog southwards. 

Leigh was feeling even weaker and more nauseous when we got back onto the bicycles.  After a few kilometers of quiet roads we had no option but to return to the QL1A, not the nicest cycling environment for someone who wasn't feeling well.  We're going to be on it for much of tomorrow as well.

Tonight's digs is a simple hotel a kilometer or so off the highway.  Tomorrow we hope to be on the coast at Sầm Sơn.  

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 212 km (132 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0