First recovery day in Hà Nội - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

September 13, 2024

First recovery day in Hà Nội

Our first full day here has been about recovery. A few more walks were enjoyed, mostly to and around nearby Hoàn Kiếm Lake, taking in Đền Ngọc Sơn, the Confucian temple on a small island in the lake.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tháp Rùa, a small tower in the middle of Hoàn Kiếm Lake, is apparently one of the most iconic, symbolic and most recognizable pieces of architecture representing Hanoi and Vietnam.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Bác Hồ casts his eyes upon passers by.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge to the temple is supposed to welcome the morning sun.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The gate tower welcomes the rising moon.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The entrance to the temple. Beautifully ornate inside but photography is prohibited.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Elspeth JarmanBringing back memories for us. April 2014 we were in the same spot. Very sad to see the destruction caused by the typhoon.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Jean-Marc StrydomTo Elspeth JarmanHi Elsp. I'm loving it here.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Wishing Tree.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Temple workers were busy putting arrangements of flowers together.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

In the evening we took a walk to Phố Đường Tàu, aka Train Street, to catch a sight of a train passing through a narrow street, similar to the Mae Klong market in Thailand, but this one is lined with bars and coffee shops . Unfortunately, we got the time table wrong and after an enjoyable couple of beers at one of the many hole-in-the-wall joints lining the track we discovered that the train would only pass by in a few hours time.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0