Heading to Hà Nội - The sixteenth step ... From Bác Hồ to กรุงเทพมหานคร - CycleBlaze

September 12, 2024

Heading to Hà Nội

A relatively easy trip to Hà Nội.  Just three flights with no long layovers.  Passport control had long queues but was quick and easy once we got to the front.   A taxi was quickly rustled up to take us to our hotel in Hoàn Kiếm, aka the Old Quarter, with lots of signs of the destruction left in the path of Typhoon Yagi along the way. 

Our digs for the next few nights.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

After checking in we didn't even bother to shower after twenty eight hours of traveling but instead, after a quick beer from the mini-bar, headed straight out onto the streets of the Old Quarter to stretch our legs and start getting used to the heat and the bustle of South East Asia. It feels good to be back here.

A quick bit of thirst quenching from the room's mini bar before we headed out walking.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hoàn Kiếm Lake, close by our hotel.
Heart 2 Comment 0

There are so many options for food in the area but we took the easy way out and popped into the first restaurant we found for supper.

Heart 2 Comment 0
No excuses for going hungry in the Old Quarter.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Rod Blast...in the restaurant I suddenly saw Clint Eastwood and asked if I can take a photo...
Reply to this comment
1 month ago

We're pretty knackered and it will take us a day or two to feel human again but the Old Quarter is an easy area in which to recover.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0