Lodging and food - Great Bikeways of Europe: Alpe Adria - CycleBlaze

September 11, 2021

Lodging and food

We only booked accomodations  for the first and last nights of our bike tour. At the end of the afternoon we browsed booking.com to find hotels. Only once did we have to venture outside the city for our lodging. Overal, hotels were very affordable  as we tried to stay within a budget of no more than $200 Canadian dollars per night. Breakfast is included at majority of hotels in this region.

 Local markets had sandwiches and fruit that we picked up on our way out of town each morning. Finding affordable, delicious food was never an issue. Asking the local for recommendations is always the best way to find good places to eat.

 We have traveled in other parts of Austria and Italy and found the towns along the Alpe Adria trail were not overrun by tourists. Perhaps travel in September and being during Covid had something to do with it.  We brought our bicycles with us because we could not find any rental bikes available. 

You can book the bus to take you back to where you started on the bike route. There is a  Alpe Adria guidebook you can purchase through Amazon containing route information, bike shops, hotels, and campgrounds.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Mark BinghamLooks like it was a great trip, Anne... thanks for sharing!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago