Day 2: Arrival in Stockholm - Racpat Scandinavia and the Baltics 2024 - CycleBlaze

July 3, 2024

Day 2: Arrival in Stockholm

It's a very very long flight from Boise

This time around getting through passport control in Amsterdam goes quicker than when we returned from Pakistan last September. 

Another 2.5 hour layover and a short flight and we are in Stockholm. The weather is overcast and rainy just like in Amsterdam but a little bit warmer.

In Amsterdam, we watch that our bikes are loaded
Heart 0 Comment 0

As we exit with our luggage, Bjorn welcomes us with a sign “Hugens”. Lars who we’ll see in a few days ride from here, put us in touch with him.  He has been so helpful over the past month. The airport is quite a ways out of the city. He is prepared with straps to lash the bikes to the roof of the car. When we arrive at his home, after unloading the gear, it’s 230pm. We decide to try to sleep for a couple of hours to help us beat the jetlag.  Patrick then works on the bikes, Rachel repacks. Bjorn fixes a nice meal of egg, smoked salmon, tomato/onion and slaw.

Bjorn has a sign for us as we exit
Heart 1 Comment 0
All loaded up
Heart 0 Comment 0
Day 2: Rachel needs help with faces.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Kathleen JonesI think she captured the jet lag.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Bjorn has lots of bikes and bike parts. On the drive from the airport he told us he had many bikes, we think it was an understatement.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rachels bike allmost ready, Patrick's hanging in the workstand.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0