Day 12: Rest Day in Ljusdal - Racpat Scandinavia and the Baltics 2024 - CycleBlaze

July 13, 2024

Day 12: Rest Day in Ljusdal

Lazy day

Last night for dinner, Anders fixed us Swedish pancakes with cream and special Swedish berry jam, salad and beer.  And then he left the apartment to us. He is very busy tomorrow with sporting events that he covers for the local newspaper and running magazines. We will not see much of him today.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0

We venture out at lunchtime walking the main street to try to find a Thai Restaurant that is not located correctly on google maps. We walk back to the Chinese Restaurant only to find out that there is no lunch buffet on Saturday. So we head back along main street to a Vietnamese Restaurant.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Back in the apartment we relax. Anders pops in briefly then back out again to another event. He has been sending messages to people he knows in Ramsjo to find accommodations for us tomorrow. Our original plan was to take a different route, and we actually had already made a reservation for a stuga at a campground. But based on local advise we decided to go to Ramsjo instead. There is a campground, but it has a bad reputation, so our plan is to either wildcamp somewhere, or hope for some road-magic via Anders's Facebook efforts.

His apartment is decorated with pictures of all his trips. And the book he wrote about cycling and running marathons in every US State. He stayed with us during that journey.

Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0