In Girona - Looping the Pyrenees - CycleBlaze

May 23, 2024

In Girona

A day off the bikes to enjoy the cycle culture in Girona, if that makes sense. We visited more bike shops and cycling kit shops and revisited some from yesterday. I think we hit all of them, with the exception of Biciescapa, which is an hour’s walk north in Sarrià del Ter, the northern outskirts we rode through after escaping the big highway yesterday. Since we didn’t really need anything and this is a rest day, we thought we could skip one. 

We wandered around, had coffee and cookies at La Fabrica, wandered around some more, met up for a delicious long lunch with Marie-Michèle and Jean-François who also arrived in Girona yesterday…  In short, a very enjoyable day. 

In Girona, church doors
Heart 3 Comment 0
Choosing what to have with coffee, La Fabrica Girona
Heart 4 Comment 0
Dual cultures in La Fabrica: Euro-size coffees with North-American-coffe-shop-size cookies
Heart 3 Comment 0
In Girona, outside La Fabrica
Heart 3 Comment 0
A Game of Thrones filming location.
Heart 2 Comment 0
One of many staircases in Girona, leading to somewhere.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The fly is associated with the stone foot sculpture we saw yesterday (and which has a fly carved on each corner of its plinth)
Heart 1 Comment 0
Flower of the day: jasmine.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Beer must be delivered! This is wider than the driver negotiated through before passing us (hiding in a doorway)
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yet another shot of the colourful riverside buildings of Girona
Heart 5 Comment 0
Al and I and Marie-Michèle all had mejillones (mussels) in a gingery curry sauce. Jean-François had fish.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Our desserts were great too. I had coffee ice cream with Baileys and orange liqueur and Al had cheesecake. I think cheesecake is his favourite Spanish dessert.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Rachael AndersonI love there cheesecake, also!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Rachael AndersonWe love cheesecake—and flan and crema catalana and gelato…
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
And another…
Heart 2 Comment 2
Scott AndersonCan’t have too many. Its really a beautiful town.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Scott AndersonI can see coming here again!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
This is an interesting sculpture, dedicated to the skilled workers who built the cathedral. In this view, we see the top of a man’s head as he leans over a plan of the building, tools in each hand.
Heart 3 Comment 0
We walked along the top of the old city wall and then down beside it.
Heart 2 Comment 0
In Girona
Heart 0 Comment 0
I liked this pharmacy storefront
Heart 3 Comment 0
This shop window had been decorated for Temps de Flors, the annual flower festival which ended a week of two ago. It made a great landmark, being on the corner of the block near our apartment.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Excellent pizzas for dinner!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Did I mention that one of the bike shops we visited is called Eat Sleep Cycle?  Maybe we should have bought t-shirts. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 0