June 14 - The Moose’s Antler - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

June 14, 2024

June 14 - The Moose’s Antler

CaptionCutAdd line aboveAdd line belowDelete

Today we headed out to complete the part of the Moose Loop that we missed yesterday.  If you look at both plots, they do actually roughly outline the head of a moose.  Unfortunately, today we saw no moose on the trail.

The ride was quite pleasant as the weather improved even more than yesterday.  The high topped out at 70 and conditions on the trail system were excellent.  We did see a few more cyclists today but nowhere near what I expected given the sunny, clear, and warm weather.

Not so sure about this moose’s attitude
Heart 0 Comment 0

Strangest thing we saw today, however, was a first for me.  No photo unfortunately but we came around a corner to meet 4 older teenagers.  One was walking backwards with his camera filling while one was standing on top of a grocery cart while the third was pushing.  They were obviously having quite the time of it but paused long enough for us to pass.  The last of the group was simply walking behind the grocery cart procession.

Give them credit for trying … but the salmon aren’t quite running yet. Practice makes perfect I suppose.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Tomorrow we will do one last ride in the Anchorage area before heading back home on Sunday.  The potential for epic scenery and landscapes is high given the weather pattern.

Ever wonder what happens to Santa’s retired reindeer? Reindeer sausage dogs …
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 miles (56 km)
Total: 4,979 miles (8,013 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0