Back on the road again - My love you didn't need to coax - CycleBlaze

October 13, 2024

Back on the road again

A later start than usual

Our regular cycle touring routine is a bit out of kilter.  We often leave for a  ride in Europe sometime in September. We like September as it is the  shoulder tourist season  and the weather is still fine.  But this year  family events have delayed our usual departure by a few weeks. As a result, we have enjoyed some great family time,  a beautiful start to autumn  on the west coast and the tour planner has been encouraged to explore regions a further south than usual. Pat is thrilled that Southern Italy has been  selected as our destination as it has been on her list as a place to visit for awhile now.  The area has  been well travelled by fellow cycleblazers; so it is unlikely that we will add much new to the travels already documented in other journals. But Betsy Evans, the  Frasier's, the Mather's and the Anderson's experiences have all helped to convince us that we need to visit this area of Italy for ourselves. 

Our planned route will include a few warm up rides departing from Rome and travelling southward towards the Tyrrhenian Sea. From here we plan to take the train over to the Italy's Adriatic coast where the tour de Puglia will really begin. Most of the days will have short rides  as we circumnavigate the heel of Italy. Our trip will be about one month long.

Southern Italy! Many of the routing lines are just for planning purposes and only a few (primarily in the south) will be actually ridden. Too little time to do it all now.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Family time! Trying our hand at surfing in Tofino. Bucket list check!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Scott AndersonHooray, I’ve been wondering if you’d be traveling again this fall.
Reply to this comment
15 hours ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesFunny, we were just musing about possible future trip destinations and Italy, especially Puglia, popped up. We will follow your adventures with interest. Have fun!
Reply to this comment
12 hours ago
Rachael AndersonWhat a great tour!
Reply to this comment
11 hours ago
Kathleen ClassenWe are really looking forward to reading this!
Reply to this comment
4 hours ago