Markt Indersdorf to Pfaffenhofen - A Ring around Munich - CycleBlaze

October 7, 2024

Markt Indersdorf to Pfaffenhofen

After breakfast we were in a hurry to get to a pharmacy to see how Janos could get prescripions for his forgotten meds. It all turned out to be very simple. The young pharmacist suggested we go to the doctor's office next door. We had a short wait and with prescriptions in hand we returned to the pharmacy. Janos was worried because at home they usually don't have all his meds in stock and he has to wait until afternoon for delivery. Not the case here. They had everything. With that mission accomplished, the day brightened considerably. Actually, the sun was already shining and it was warm, around 14C. 

Die Apotheke hilft - The pharmacy helps. Yes!
Heart 8 Comment 5
Rachael AndersonHow wonderful!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Susan CarpenterSo glad everything worked out!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesWell that is a lucky thing. Now you can relax and just enjoy the ride.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago

For this trip I wanted to try a new setup for my camera. On my last trip with Susan in the Allgäu, I had a kind of harness and wore it around my neck. That proved uncomfortable after an hour or two. Prior to that I had it in my cargo bag, also an awkward setup. I now found a small little handlebar bag, I didn't want anything big as I have enough on my handlebars already, and it seems to be the best solution so far. I am also using a bigger lens this time, one I never considered for touring due to its size with its 18-200mm zoom. 

My new little camera bag
Heart 5 Comment 0
It's a big lens on my Sony Nex 6
Heart 4 Comment 6
Rachael AndersonThat’s a big camera! The bag looks like a great option.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Scott AndersonWow. Between you and Steve I’m starting to get zoom envy.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Scott AndersonIt won't fit in your jersey pocket though.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Scott AndersonTo Suzanne GibsonYou, that’s the barrier alright. I’m thinking maybe I could get one for use back in the states for day rides when we get around by car though. We’ll have to see - I’m waiting to see if civil war breaks out back there before committing to much.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Scott AndersonHa ha.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Karen PoretTo Patrick O'HaraHopefully Scott’s thought isn’t accurate…less than a month to go!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago

We ride back to our hotel for our bags and after some faffing around, are on the road by eleven.

A little selfie before we leave
Heart 7 Comment 1
Karen PoretDefinitely looks like the old “fun house” mirror, minus the stranger distortions. Think Edvard Munch-like ;)
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago

We ride back through town for a look at Markt Inderdorf's lovely baroque church, Mariä Himmelfahrt. It is amazing. The facade is plain, the interior is overwhelming.

Monastery walls outside the church which now house a museum
Heart 8 Comment 0
Close up of the traditional shutters
Heart 4 Comment 0
The facade
Heart 6 Comment 0
A view of the cemetery surrounding the church
Heart 4 Comment 0
Baroque ebullience
Heart 5 Comment 0
View to the altar
Heart 9 Comment 4
Steve Miller/GrampiesCherubs, and angels, and gold, oh my! Not to forget the pink marble.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Patrick O'HaraWhoa...Baroque!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Karen PoretTo Patrick O'HaraAnd Toccata and Fugue in D minor ;)
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
St. Anthony
Heart 3 Comment 0

We are finally on our way. The day offers a lot of variety with quiet country roads and smooth bicycle paths next to roads with fast traffic, i.e. speed limit 100km. Only as we got close to our destination, Pfaffenhofen, was there much traffic on those roads so although we were often next to them it wasn't unpleasant.

Pretty autumn colors - not New England but still...
Heart 10 Comment 3
Susan CarpenterJanos fits right in with the fall colors
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Susan CarpenterYes, he's color coordinated!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Karen PoretSimply gorgeous! ( Janos is the chameleon )
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
The sky isn't quite as blue as in the morning, clouds are gathering.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Zooming in over canola fields, typically a spring crop
Heart 5 Comment 0
A stop at a small pilgrimage chapel - surrounding the chapel were the stations of the cross. The chapel was closed.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Peaceful countryside
Heart 3 Comment 0
Janos setting up a drone video
Heart 5 Comment 1

It clouded over and we even got a few drops of rain, enough that we thought it wise to put on our rain jackets. We didn't really need them and that was the only sprinkle of the day. Off with the rain jackets. 

Due to the late start we shortened our route and didn't visit Schrobenhausen, a pretty town for a few photos. We were also counting on finding a bite to eat in Schrobenhausen and therefore our pantry, or panniers, were bare. And not a single village that we passed through had food, either a market or cafe or restaurant.  I had a few muesli bars in my bag but they didn't really stave off my hunger.

The fruit on the quince trees has a golden glow.
Heart 7 Comment 0
We had some gentle hills, but basically it was a flat ride.
Heart 8 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonWhat a beautiful spot!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Round bales in the barn
Heart 8 Comment 0
Some fungi on the wayside - Coprinus Comatus, shaggy inkcap or lawyer's wig. There are such wonderful names for mushrooms.
Heart 10 Comment 0
When young they are edible, these are past their prime.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Patrick O'HaraBut, do they also make you feel funny? Ha ha.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Patrick O'Hara:)))
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
One of many roadside crucifixes
Heart 2 Comment 0
Zooming in on Janos
Heart 8 Comment 0
Gotta love these roads.
Heart 6 Comment 0
On the last leg of the day
Heart 7 Comment 0
Yesterday it was horse chestnuts, today acorns
Heart 5 Comment 0
We are in hops country again.
Heart 6 Comment 0
A few sunflowers are still blooming.
Heart 6 Comment 0

Pfaffenhofen has a lovely market square, more pictures tomorrow morning (probably). We have passed through Pfaffenhofen on other tours but never found accommodation here. This time Hotel Müllerbräu is open after renovations.

Our hotel, Hotel Müllerbräu
Heart 6 Comment 1
Karen PoretGotta love the lady in the window on second floor; wink wink …
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Zooming in on one of the hotel windows.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonWhat an interesting sculpture.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
On our way to eat
Heart 6 Comment 4
Rachael AndersonI’m glad you finally found some food! I always have lots of snacks with me.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Nancy GrahamThis is such a nice photo as the slowly comes to an end. Lights in the windows add so much warmth for an inviting setting. Glad you found food too 😉.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Rachael AndersonWe'll never learn!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Nancy GrahamBest time for photography, but usually I have put my camera away by this time.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Another phone shot on our way to dinner
Heart 5 Comment 0
Prost! Cheers! It was another great day!
Heart 9 Comment 2
Kathleen JonesDa ist unser Mann! Prost, Janos!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Patrick O'HaraProst Janos! Brings back memories of our wonderful time with you and Susan in the Englischer Garten only a couple of months ago.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 91 km (57 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 13
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Nancy GrahamWhat fantastic places you have so near home for riding and visiting, and photographing. Beautifully arranged photos as well.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Nancy GrahamThanks, Nancy. I have just as much fun with my camera as with my bike, I think.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Karen PoretSo fun and refreshing! Suzanne you really are quite a camera whiz artist!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Robyn RichardsReally lovely photography, Suzanne!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Karen PoretThanks, Karen!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Robyn RichardsThank you so much, Robyn!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago