Before the good is gone - A Ring around Munich - CycleBlaze

Before the good is gone

The leaves are turning, the days are brisker, there's no denying that summer is finished and autumn has taken over. We are hoping to catch a few dry days with temps in the teens (centigrade) for a last fling this year. 

We have planned a short ride starting from the front door and cycling back to where we started. This means the beginning and end will be on roads frequently traveled, and as for the rest, we have probably ridden most of those roads, too. It will all be so close to home. But I love starting out from home, and besides who wants to waste precious autumn days in the car. Our route circumnavigating Munich will take us to some towns with historic centers that will hopefully provide a few good photo op's and a change from our daily rides that are even closer to home.

We are only going to be gone for five days but my panniers will  be packed to the brim with all sorts of rain and cold weather gear. Just in case the weatherman didn't get it right.

We will ride the route clockwise, starting from home in Gauting in the lower left hand corner. Interactive maps on Komoot: https://www.komoot.com/de-de/collection/3100327/-heimspiel
Heart 7 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 17
Comment on this entry Comment 17
Kelly IniguezWe will be riding along with you, vicariously!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Kelly IniguezHappy to have you along!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Kathleen JonesCan’t wait to see this. Glad you can get another ride in.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Scott AndersonSave some of the good rides for us, Suzanne. Were thinking next summer we’ll come through Gauting, stay awhile, and let you show us some of your favorites.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Scott AndersonWow, that would be great!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Kathleen JonesHoping for dry days!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Susan CarpenterExcited to follow along!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Rich FrasierLooking forward to this! Will Janos be doing any filming with his drone?
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Nancy GrahamOh goody! I get to follow your journey around your area. So wise to take good advantage of some good weather. Be safe and have fun. I will be right with you.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Karen PoretAwesome! More Suzanne fun with Janos, I hope!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Susan CarpenterIn Europe vicariously, right?
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Nancy GrahamThanks for following along, Nancy!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Karen PoretRight, Karen, more fun with Janos!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Rich FrasierJanos fully intends to make some videos! He's got all his cameras packed.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Patrick O'HaraA door to door tour is always a special thing. Looking forward to following along.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Patrick O'HaraThanks, Patrick!
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago