Gauting - Metz - A Cycleblazer Moselle Quartett - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2024

Gauting - Metz

We didn't rush but still managed to get off before ten. That was the first start. About 45 minutes into the drive Janos thinks he might have left his phone at home. A quick search verified his suspicion. It's a good thing he remembered it then and not at the end of the day. We turned back, fetched the phone and decided to take a coffee break while we were at it. The actual start was sometime before twelve. With that and a few wrong turns we got into Metz after six.

Using the Google street viewer, Janos had picked out a quiet street where we felt it would be safe to leave the car for the week. We parked the car and saddled up our bikes for a three kilometer ride to our hotel. Although we had some rain on our way to Metz, the evening sky was clear. We didn't get wet today, anyway.

We made it and are ready to ride, today 3 km to our hotel.
Heart 9 Comment 0

Our hotel has old world charm, that is to say it is old, has some nice stone floors and other interesting touches. We were tired and huffed and puffed up to our small room on the third (American fourth) floor. Fortunately the bikes are locked up in a garage at street level.

We are across from the cathedral, but were more interested in food this evening. The sights of Metz will have to wait.

We treated ourselves to moules frites tonight.
Heart 9 Comment 0
After dinner walk along the Moselle
Heart 14 Comment 0
Very positive first impressions of Metz
Heart 13 Comment 4
Rachael AndersonWhat a beautiful place!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Rachael AndersonI knew nothing about Metz before.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Nancy GrahamWhat a gorgeous photo Suzanne. I have seen some pictures and journals by some cyclists in the past and it looks like a fantastic place to visit.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Karen PoretTo Nancy GrahamAgreed on the beautiful photo from Suzanne, of course !:)
Reply to this comment
3 months ago

Now it's time to turn in, we have a big day tomorrow. Kathleen and Susan are arriving!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 15
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Scott AndersonWe’ve never been to Metz. We’ll have to stitch it in some year.

Good to see you on the bikes again! Here’s hoping your luck is better this time.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Scott AndersonI hope so too! But at least we aren't so far from home. And if we don't forget things and take wrong turns, it's really not that long of a drive.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Rachael AndersonHere’s hoping you get good weather!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Rachael AndersonYou bet!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago