The Overall Plan - Put This Into The Market - CycleBlaze

September 12, 2024

The Overall Plan

After some excellent conversations with friends who helped motivate me to sell a condo in Thailand, there was some necessary followup.  As a quick recap, the condo was bought around 2012 in Pattaya.  Right from the beginning it was a headache that lasted the entire time until I sold it in early 2024.  Coincidentally, just this week I got a call from another friend who wants to buy there with the same reasons I had which was to collect money from rent while living outside Thailand.  Not surprisingly I'm going to try and talk her out of doing that.

With the condo sale successfully done at around a 20% profit, it more or less covered all the losses.  Now the question remains:  what to do with the  capital?  It has been sitting in a Thai bank account which pays pitiful interest.  Considering all the effort it took to open that account, it isn't paying off, plus I don't have much confidence in the Thai banks to begin with.  Who even knows if they'll freeze or close that account at a moments' notice and just make up a reason.

As a friend correctly told me, "You need to get that money into the market."  Completely agreed.  But how exactly?  You don't just wire the money out, it's hardly that simple with the Thai banking laws.  But where there is a will, there is a way.  This tour will aim to accomplish exactly this end.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Rod BlastGood luck. Enjoy your tour. Where does it go to?
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Fit SteveThanks a lot. Given what's at stake here, I can't really say the route except that it will come out after the fact
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Jon AylingType your comment here
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago