The Plan - Schnooks Triangulates the Loire Valley - Tandem Tour - Sept 2024 - CycleBlaze

July 16, 2024

The Plan

Our fall tour for this year calls for more exploration in the Loire valley.  After riding the middle section of the Loire river in 2021, we've decided to explore the next section downstream.

This tour will be a rough triangle, starting and finishing in Poitiers, which is about a 5.5 hour drive from home.  The other two points on the triangle are (almost) Tours and Nantes.  

We've been to Tours before, so we're bypassing it on this trip so that we can pass by the beautiful chateau at Azay-Le-Rideau.  This is Rich's favorite of all the Loire valley chateaus.  

We've never visited Nantes before, so a stop there is mandatory.

We're planning rest days in Angers and Nantes so that we can explore both cities a bit.  They both regularly appear in the list of French cities where "il fait bon vivre" - that is, cities where the living is good.

We like to live well, so hopefully we'll make some good discoveries!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Steve Miller/GrampiesOh drat, it looks like you will be just starting when we are finishing. From August 12th to 27th we are going to go between Tours and Nantes with three of our Grandkids. No wine but lots of fun things to see and do. While we head up to the coast we will certainly enjoy following our former route. Hope you have fun!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Scott AndersonDrat also. We’ll be in Saumur (with Susan) later in the month but I suspect you’ll have headed home by the time we arrive.
Reply to this comment
1 week ago