Day 8 - Rest Day in Nantes - Schnooks Triangulates the Loire Valley - Tandem Tour - Sept 2024 - CycleBlaze

September 10, 2024

Day 8 - Rest Day in Nantes

The tourist bureau of Nantes has helpfully painted a green line on the sidewalk that traces a tourist visit of the city.  Being good tourists, we followed the green line around for the morning and part of the afternoon.  

We didn’t do the entire visit - it must be more than 25km long in total.  But we saw enough to get a feeling for the city.  We took a lunch break at a hamburger joint called Dubrown on the Rue Saint-Léonard, where Rich had the pulled pork hamburger and Robin the veggie burger.

We walked along the river Erdre, popped into the Japanese garden, explored some really interesting streets with cool shops, and visited the Jardin de Plantes.  This is supposed to be a rest day, but we covered almost 10km before we ran out of juice and went back to our hotel to try and rest.  We walked by the Chateau but we were too tired to go in to visit it!

Since this is a cycling journal, I’ll just post a few pictures to give an overview of the day.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesA challenging cycle crossing, especially on a tandem!
Reply to this comment
1 week ago
Rachael AndersonWhat a neat trail!
Reply to this comment
1 week ago
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0

After resting for the afternoon, we went out to a sort of high-end food court place called “Magmaa”.  Robin had Italian food and Rich had Mexican food.  It was OK, but not fantastic.

After dinner, we wandered over to the area where Les Machines operate.  The exhibits were closed, but we were able to wander around in the buildings and parking lots and were surprised to stumble onto the giant elephant (being repaired) and a stork-themed ride that seems to have been left out in the rain too long.  Kind of fun in a way…

Les Machines de Nantes
Heart 4 Comment 1
Sanna PhinneyThere’s the Halle’s aux Machines to visit in Toulouse … just sayin’.
Reply to this comment
1 week ago
Les Machines de Nantes
Heart 5 Comment 1

Back on the bike tomorrow!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonWhat a great semi rest day!
Reply to this comment
1 week ago