Sun of Geneva - Easy start with champagne - CycleBlaze

September 12, 2024

Sun of Geneva

In the morning we did some sightseeing in Geneva. Rolex, Hublot and many banks are here. When we checked in our lovely hotel we received two digital tickets for public transport. All free around Geneva. I like!!

Geneva‘s inclined fountain.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Zar LierNice… le „Jet d‘Eau“ and finally some sun and blue sky
Reply to this comment
1 week ago
Water is clear like in Croatia.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Geneva has two main attractions: the jet d‘eau, a 140 m high fountain and the old town. Both are must sees and the good thing was: the sun came finally out!! What a relief. We enjoyed a coffee in the old town and were soon back in the saddle. 

The old town of Geneva.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Police bikes!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Café.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Narrow alleys. Nice!
Heart 4 Comment 0
Geneva.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The route was.. what shall we say - after crossing the border to France we  saw that the bike path here end sometimes in the nowhere. We had to go back and try another way the whole afternoon. Anyway, best thing was the sun kept shining from time to time - we had a great picnic at the lake. Perfect! 

It tasted superbe. What a Pinot Noir!
Heart 3 Comment 0
Bike lane with lake view.
Heart 2 Comment 0
On our way
Heart 3 Comment 0

Only for an hour or so we had to wear the poncho. 

Tasty lunch buffet.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Yesterday we came down the mountain on the other side of the lake.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Lake Geneva. Our destiny.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The welcome in Evian-les-bains was nice. Hotel with pool, cold beer in the fridge, what do you need more? For us Evian is a synonym for gambling in the casino. 

Wrong way again. This is a camp of PSG.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Mbappe wasn‘ t there
Heart 2 Comment 0
This is how we like it.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Years ago we went with some friends to Evian - one had his wedding-eve party to celebrate. We spent him 500 Euros for the casino. After playing two games at the roullette table the whole money was gone. 500 bucks, what a laugh. 

In we go.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We‘ll try our luck later tonight at the same table…

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 315 km (196 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Kathleen ClassenSunshine! You deserve it. We had crazy weather today. Evian Les Bains looks gorgeous. This weather better improve. It was 10°C when we started today. Yikes!!!
Reply to this comment
1 week ago