Day 9 Westport to Sligo - 🇮🇪 Ireland and Italy 🇮🇹 - CycleBlaze

September 16, 2024

Day 9 Westport to Sligo

yWe left about 9AM to set off for Sligo leaving County Clare behind.  The route was undulating but not really hilly.  We passed through farmland for sheep, cows and horses.  The scenery was nice but not as spectacular as yesterday.  It was the longest of our entire tour but despite that I still  had 2 of 5 bars on my battery.  It took 103km before I dropped to 2 bars.  These bikes are perfect for cycle touring with good batteries, easy to handle and not too heavy.  Once gain we had a soup and sandwich lunch and for the second time it was service by a small local community group in the middle of nowhere.  It is nice to support these groups.  I have realized that our soup options are like the Irish flag, orange for vegetable, green for leek and.potato and white for seafood chowder.

The route today to Sligo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was an omen.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The route plan for today as briefed every morning
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of many local churches.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lake that we passed
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another that reminded me of Ontario
Heart 0 Comment 0
Two of our gang on the route
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me in the same place
Heart 1 Comment 0
A hilan coo (highland cow) stuffy that I resisted because Murphy would just gut it anyway.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some beautiful wool blankets, I was tempted.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A memorial to a local IRA fighter who was killed in the fight for independence in 1923.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the road again.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 107 km (66 miles)
Total: 758 km (471 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0