Day 4 San Marino - 🇮🇪 Ireland and Italy 🇮🇹 - CycleBlaze

September 25, 2024

Day 4 San Marino

Today was the ride to San Marino a principality within Italy.  The old centre is on the top of a big hill so it is a long climb up to it.we had a distance of 63km with 2972’ of climbing.  Normally it is not too bad but after yesterday’s ride my legs were not very cooperative plus the guide went out a little too fast for me.  At the moment I am resting after an amazing past lunch but soon I will take a nap because I am knackered.  

We had perfect weather for the ride so the views were also spectacular.  We took a different way up than I had done before by riding through a couple of old railway tunnels that are now pathways.  I think it was a little longer but certainly less steep than the usual way.  In San Marino Cindy and wandered around a bit and did a little retail therapy.

The route and profile for today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ever present hill to San Marino.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A little farther up the climb
Heart 0 Comment 0
It is getting closer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cindy on the ride
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me too
Heart 1 Comment 0
Just before the last bit with an old cable car. There is new much bigger one now from a parking lot where buses have to park.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cindy and me waiting to re-group.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me with Jill from Vancouver
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Italian countryside form the top, a beautiful day for a ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The castle at the very top
Heart 0 Comment 0
Where we did our retail therapy
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonOooh, my favorite store in San Marino!
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
The 3 amigos up in San Marino. Note Cindy’s lovely new green purse on the ground.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Hilary JaegerFinally a Charlie sighting!
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
A view up to the castle. You can see all of our bikes parked along the wall on the left. The coffee stop was on the terrace above the bikes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A quick stop at the Riccione castle, it looks more like a prison to me.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The desserts for tonight.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 63 km (39 miles)
Total: 190 km (118 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0