Arrived in Dublin - 🇮🇪 Ireland and Italy 🇮🇹 - CycleBlaze

September 3, 2024

Arrived in Dublin

Maureen, Gino and I arrived together directly from Vancouver at 8AM this morning.  Luckily we could go straight to our Air B&B which is located a stones throw from the Liffey and the Temple Bar.  Our taxi ride was very interesting since we had local fellow who was full of stories, even one about the Kavanagh Gravediggers Pub, more later.  We took half of walking tour before we ran out of gas and needed a nap after which we went for dinner. We did a few housekeeping things such as a few groceries and purchasing SIM cards but otherwise a quiet first day.

As for the pub story, the driver told us about one time he was in there and saw Rod Stewart having a few pints.  Well the Gravediggers is a very traditional pub with no music or TVs (except for the news once a day).  Rod Stewart started to sing and the proprietor came out and told him to stop, finish his beer and get out.  Our driver told Stewart that the owner wasn’t joking and that he had better leave.  However, he did give Stewart the name of another pub close by.  Whether this story is true or not who knows but if not it is a good one.

Pre-flight champagne in the YVR lounge.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Ha’ Penny Bridge across the River Liffey that divides north from south Dublin.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The man from whom the Temple Bar area gets its name.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Temple Bar in the Temple Bar area that is know for its pubs and overpriced beer.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Speaks for itself.
Heart 0 Comment 0
When Ireland became independent from England they painted all of the red post boxes green but the kings insignia remains. This box is the original and over 100 years old.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Christchurch Cathedral which like St Patrick’s is not catholic but rather the church of Ireland aka Anglican.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another one of the 700+ pubs in Dublin.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gino’s ice cream parlour.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Enjoying a wee dram of Guinness. Gino’s is 0.0 alcohol, but not Maureen’s.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Beth KavanaghFabulous pictures. I even recognize some of the sights.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Heather ParryHave a wonderful trip you 3. We will be following your adventures from Japan where we head on Tuesday. Stay safe,
Heather
Reply to this comment
1 month ago