Port Rowan to Cayuga, Ontario - Senior Citizens Cycling East - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2024

Port Rowan to Cayuga, Ontario

Blowing down the road

We knew there was a stretch of road with construction on the morning’s ride that would be challenging to navigate.  Unfortunately, we didn’t know quite where it was, and we weren’t riding as close together as usual.  We took a variety of detours, eventually getting back together to compare routes and mileage.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode this route in 2013, when I took the first photo of the bike wheel with the tree growing around it.  The second photo I took today.  I wonder what it will look like in another ten years. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

This morning’s 20 mile rest stop came at about mile 30 because of the detour.  It was worth the wait for both a great coffee shop and the white caps on the lake. 
when the wind was behind us, we were flying!   We never had to ride into the wind, but the crosswinds in the afternoon were challenging.  We saw windmills all along the way yesterday and today and recognized why this area is prime wind farm territory.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our lunch break was at a one room school that is now a museum.  I wonder what is wrong with barber shops.

Heart 0 Comment 0

These chairs were decorated by local high school students and will be auctioned as a fund raiser.  The Lichtenstein Spider-Man is my favorite.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The views from tonight’s B&B, run by a German couple, aren’t as spectacular as yesterday’s, but the ambience and the food are great.

Today's ride: 59 miles (95 km)
Total: 847 miles (1,363 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0