Milwaukee - Senior Citizens Cycling East - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2024

Milwaukee

A Rainy Day Off

The weather cooperated, giving us a cool, rainy day off.   We found a convenient bus to take us from the B&B to the downtown area of the city for a bit of an explore before the rain started.  We returned in the early afternoon, and I was happy to sit peacefully with my feet up and read for most of the afternoon.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are staying at a B&B in an over-decorated mansion—think Victorian on steroids.   So far we haven’t broken anything; there are fragile objects everywhere, crocheted antimacassars on all the usual and some unusual places, and at least two pillows on every chair.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The garden is lovely.  The delicate shrub is comfrey, a plant I’ve heard of, but I don’t remember seeing before.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

The Milwaukee Public Library is housed in an impressive building.  These photos are from the entry rotunda.  I walked through much of the public area and thought the contemporary additions blended seamlessly with the older sections,

Heart 0 Comment 0

Do you recognize this statue, found in a prominent location along the Milwaukee River?

Heart 0 Comment 0

The city has maintained the facades of many late 19th-early 20th century buildings.

Heart 0 Comment 0

I celebrated my last day in the state with a delicious Wisconsin bratwurst.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Ruth Ann BerkholtzYour choice of photos and comments are exceptional!! ...resulting in my wish to do the Drumlin Trail again and visit the Milwaukee Library and eat bratwurst !! (well, I did the latter earlier this week!). It was GREAT seeing you on Wednesday!
Reply to this comment
4 months ago