Midland to Frankenmuth - Senior Citizens Cycling East - CycleBlaze

June 14, 2024

Midland to Frankenmuth

Big cloud day

With 43 turns on the cue sheet, several involving unmarked trails leaving Midland and getting through Saginaw, the group opted to ride together.  I’m generally not a proponent of mapping the route on a GPS device and having it tell you what do, but this morning it was great to have Stan and his GPS lead us out of Midland.  We had favorable winds and dramatic cloud formations most of the day.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Nancy, who plans our routes, carries a bike map of most of the country in her head, and never gets lost, stopped and took this great picture of the Tridge in Midfield.  The rest of us merely glanced at it as we focused on staying together and following our leader.  The Tridge, a bike and pedestrian bridge which spans the confluence of the Tittabawassee and Chippewa Rivers, is one of only 12 three-way bridges in the world.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The clouds were incredibly dramatic throughout the day.  We had lots of wind but no rain.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We ate lunch at a park in Saginaw with train whistles as background music.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Just just one more bucolic scene near the end of today’s ride. 

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 596 miles (959 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0